Aftercare and Maintenance
Follow these simple guidelines to keep your new kitchen looking perfect for years to come.
As with all timber based items our products should not be stored or installed in a newly plastered or damp environment. To clean cabinet and door surfaces use a soft clean cloth, warm soapy water should be used to dampen the cloth (not wet).
Dry off with a soft dry cloth. Do not use aggressive cleaning liquids or items such as scouring pads, Brillo Pads, etc.
To avoid damage by excessive heat please follow these simple guidelines:
- When installing doors adjacent to ovens always ensure that doors are shielded by using heat deflector strips
- Never use any appliance which generates high levels of heat or concentrated steam (such as a toaster, kettle or pressure cooker) directly under or adjacent to a door or panel.
High Gloss Colours
After removing the protective film please allow the surface to cure for seven days before cleaning or wiping. To clean the surface of the doors, wipe using a soft cloth with a mild, non-abrasive, dishwashing detergent diluted in warm water. The mix should be 1% detergent to 99% warm water. You should never use any vinegar based detergents, solvents, abrasive detergents, white spirit or furniture polish.
Polishing High Gloss finishes will leave minor scratches and polish marks, this is normal with this type of finish.
Door Care Kit
Our door care kit includes a 235ml aerosol of VuPlex polish, micro anti scratch polishing cloth and full instructions.
The kit is suitable for use with all door finishes and is especially effective on high gloss finishes.
- VuPlex special formula cleans using safe ingredients that won’t damage the surface.
- The anti-static properties limit the amount of dust particles attracted to the surface that can lead to scratching.
- Accelerates the hardening process on high gloss finishes after film removal which increases protection instantly. Apply directly after removal of film.
- Leaves a coating of polymer that acts as an invisible barrier stopping small scratches & sun light fade.
- Polishes the surface leaving a high lustre streak free finish